Gator Bowl Scholarship
The Gator Bowl Award of Excellence Scholarship consists of a one-time gift of $5,000 to one male and one female student-athlete for use at any accredited University or Community College.
To be eligible to receive a Gator Bowl Award of Excellence, the applicant must:
• Maintain a 3.0+ GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) from an accredited high school in the First Coast area.
• Participate in a junior varsity or varsity sport or its equivalent (dance, gymnastics, tae-kwon-do)
• Participate in extra-curricular activities through church, school or the community
• Exhibit exemplary behavior, thereby being a good role model for peers
• Pledge to remain drug-free, alcohol-free and tobacco-free
• Complete the application process by November 15, 2014 of senior year of high school.
The following factors will be considered in selecting the scholarship recipients:
• Athletic commitment – participation in varsity, intramural or youth league sport(s)
• Career goals of applicant
• Community Service
• Good citizenship
• Involvement in extracurricular activities
• Leadership qualities
• Positive attitude
• Presentation of application packet – neatness and organization
• Recommendations of Guidance Counselor, Coach and Community Leader
• Relationship with peers and superiors
• Scholastic record
Applications are available at area high school guidance departments or can be downloaded directly below. The application deadline for this scholarship cycle must be postmarked by Friday, November 14, 2014. Scholarship recipients will be selected by December 15th and the awards will be presented at the TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl Coaches Luncheon presented by CSX on Wednesday, December 31, 2014.
For additional information, please contact Katie Cox at (904) 798-5983.
2014 Gator Bowl Scholarship Package
1. Scholarship Fact Sheet
2. Scholarship Application
3. Guidance Counselor Reference
4. Coach / Athletic Trainer Reference
5. Community Leader Reference
To download the entire scholarship packet, click here.